This website is for use by legal professionals (lawyers and law practices) only. If the information is used incorrectly, you could risk losing money or your legal rights. If you are a member of the public looking for free advice about your legal problems please visit, or contact our Legal Help advice line on 1300 792 387, Monday to Friday from 8 am to 6 pm. 

If you decide to use or rely on the information or make decisions based on the information in this website (which VLA does not recommend) VLA is not liable to you or any third party in any way for any loss, damage, costs or expenses you or they may suffer or incur as a result.

Services and info for clients about owners corporations

Services and info for clients about owners corporations.

Consumer Affairs Victoria (CAV)

The CAV site has a section dedicated to owners corporations. There are guides, links to forms and information to support people who deal with owners corporations. Consumer affairs provides free information sessions for owners, committee members and residents.

See particularly the publication, 'Guide to owners corporations: owning and managing and living in a unit or apartment' available under the 'forms and publications'

See Consumer Affairs Victoria—Owners corporations.

Land titles office

The Land titles office site has information about the procedure for registering an interest in property in Victoria. There are links to forms, a glossary of common related terms and guides to help understand the processes involved.

See Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning—Land titles.

Tenants Union of Victoria

The Tenants Union of Victoria provides a large range of information (including DVDs) booklets and step-by-step guides. Topics include 'avoiding eviction for rent arrears', tenant’s rights, applying for public housing and starting/ending a tenancy. There is also information for rooming house and caravan park residents.


Law Institute Victoria

The Law Institute of Victoria (LIV) Legal Referral Service provides client referrals to lawyers across Victoria. The referral service operates a telephone service during business hours and an online service through the LIV website.

Referrals are tailored to meet client needs and provide a listing of up to three law firms practising in a particular area of law. All law firms participating in the referral service undertake to see clients for the first 30 minutes free of charge. This interview can be used to determine the nature of the legal issue and discuss the available options. Normal fees are charged after the first 30 minutes or if work needs to be prepared on the client’s behalf.

Phone (03) 9607 9550.

See Law Institute Victoria—Legal Referral Service(opens in a new window).

This is VLA's online referral booking and information tool.

See Legal Help Online (Orbit(opens in a new window)).

Court, CLC, FRC and VLA panels locator

Use Toby's maps to locate community legal centres, courts and private lawyers on the Victoria Legal Aid panel. Search for a list of services near where the caller lives. Search by postcode, name of organisation, phone number or suburb. Tick/untick the boxes to select the search categories.

Do not hit enter to avoid searching globally. Hit F5 to undo this global search.

See Google maps link for CLCs and 29A panellists(opens in a new window).

For Generalist CLCs and Local Government Agencies see Google maps link for General CLCs(opens in a new window).