This website is for use by legal professionals (lawyers and law practices) only. If the information is used incorrectly, you could risk losing money or your legal rights. If you are a member of the public looking for free advice about your legal problems please visit, or contact our Legal Help advice line on 1300 792 387, Monday to Friday from 8 am to 6 pm. 

If you decide to use or rely on the information or make decisions based on the information in this website (which VLA does not recommend) VLA is not liable to you or any third party in any way for any loss, damage, costs or expenses you or they may suffer or incur as a result.

Services and info for clients about graffiti offences

Services and info for clients about graffiti offences.

VLA produces publications and information on the website for clients about this topic.

See VLA resources for clients


Youthlaw is a specialist state wide community legal centre for young people. They provide free and confidential legal advice to young people up to the age of 25.

They produce the following factsheets for young people about fines:

  • Graffiti laws
  • Fines for under 18s
  • Fines for over 18s

See Youthlaw—Legal information and factsheets(opens in a new window)

Or to go directly to their homepage see Youthlaw(opens in a new window).

Department of Transport

This department is responsible for transport infrastructure and services for Victorians. This includes public transport, freight, marine and transport safety.

See Department of Transport(opens in a new window)

See also Department of Transport—Public transport fines(opens in a new window).

Public Transport Ombudsman

The ombudsman deals with complains about Victorian public transport if someone is not able to resolve their problem with the public transport operator. They must try to do this before making a complaint.
The Public Transport Ombudsman provides a free and fair service, independent of both public transport operators and the government.

Public Transport Users Association

This voluntary consumer organisation represents passengers of all forms of public transport.
The association has information about rights and obligations when using public transport and how to dispute a fine.

See Public Transport Users Association(opens in a new window)

Also see Public Transport Users Association—Public transport fines: how to dispute them(opens in a new window).

Children's Court of Victoria

The Children's Court of Victoria operates under the Children, Youth and Families Act 2005.

This specialist court has two divisions to deal with matters relating to children and young people.

The Family Division hears:

  • applications relating to the protection and care of children and young persons at risk
  • applications for intervention orders.

The Criminal Division hears matters relating to criminal offending by children and young persons.

The Children's Koori Court (Criminal Division) hears matters relating to criminal offending by Koori children and young persons, but not sexual offences.

See Children's Court of Victoria.

Take a virtual court tour

The Children's Court website has a site that shows people what to expect when they attend a court hearing for intervention orders or for criminal matters. It includes a tour of the court with an explanation of the different parts of a court room.

See Children's Court—Virtual court site.

Law Institute Victoria

The Law Institute of Victoria (LIV) Legal Referral Service provides client referrals to lawyers across Victoria. The referral service operates a telephone service during business hours and an online service through the LIV website.

Referrals are tailored to meet client needs and provide a listing of up to three law firms practising in a particular area of law. All law firms participating in the referral service undertake to see clients for the first 30 minutes free of charge. This interview can be used to determine the nature of the legal issue and discuss the available options. Normal fees are charged after the first 30 minutes or if work needs to be prepared on the client’s behalf.

Phone (03) 9607 9550.

See Law Institute Victoria—Legal Referral Service(opens in a new window).

This is VLA's online referral booking and information tool.

See Legal Help Online (Orbit(opens in a new window)).

Court, CLC, FRC and VLA panels locator

Use Toby's maps to locate community legal centres, courts and private lawyers on the Victoria Legal Aid panel. Search for a list of services near where the caller lives. Search by postcode, name of organisation, phone number or suburb. Tick/untick the boxes to select the search categories.

Do not hit enter to avoid searching globally. Hit F5 to undo this global search.

See Google maps link for CLCs and 29A panellists(opens in a new window).

For Generalist CLCs and Local Government Agencies see Google maps link for General CLCs(opens in a new window).