This website is for use by legal professionals (lawyers and law practices) only. If the information is used incorrectly, you could risk losing money or your legal rights. If you are a member of the public looking for free advice about your legal problems please visit, or contact our Legal Help advice line on 1300 792 387, Monday to Friday from 8 am to 6 pm. 

If you decide to use or rely on the information or make decisions based on the information in this website (which VLA does not recommend) VLA is not liable to you or any third party in any way for any loss, damage, costs or expenses you or they may suffer or incur as a result.

References for owners corporations

References for owners corporations.

The Law Handbook

Fitzroy Legal Service’s Law Handbook has a chapter of information about owners corporations.

See Owners corporations.

Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT)

The VCAT site has information about fees, how to lodge an application, forms to use and how to prepare for a hearing.

See VCAT—Owners corporations.

Business Licensing Authority Victoria

The business licensing authority (now merged with the Consumer Affairs Victoria site) has information and links to registration forms for managers of owners corporations. There is also a page to explain the obligations of managers.

See Business Licensing Authority—Owners corporation managers.

Consumer Affairs Victoria (CAV)

The staff at CAV have shared a flowchart they use internally to advise the public about the procedure for resolving disputes about owners corporations.

See Flowchart—Resolving disputes about Owners corporations at Resolving disputes.