This website is for use by legal professionals (lawyers and law practices) only. If the information is used incorrectly, you could risk losing money or your legal rights. If you are a member of the public looking for free advice about your legal problems please visit, or contact our Legal Help advice line on 1300 792 387, Monday to Friday from 8 am to 6 pm. 

If you decide to use or rely on the information or make decisions based on the information in this website (which VLA does not recommend) VLA is not liable to you or any third party in any way for any loss, damage, costs or expenses you or they may suffer or incur as a result.

Legislation relating to moving on

Legislation related to when police and other authorised persons request someone to move on from a public place.

Summary Offences Act 1966 (Vic)

This Act governs minor Victorian offences that can be treated summarily.

See Summary Offences Act 1966 (Vic)(opens in a new window).

Wildlife Act 1975 (Vic)

This Act establishes a framework to protect and conserve wildlife, prevent wildlife from becoming extinct, provides for sustainable use and access to wildlife and regulates the conduct of people who are engaged in wildlife related activities.

See Wildlife Act 1975 (Vic).

Sustainable Forests (Timber) Act 2004 (Vic)

This Act gives a framework for managing state forests and the harvesting of timber in those forests.

See Sustainable Forests (Timber) Act 2004 (Vic).

Criminal Procedure Act 2009 (Vic)

This Act clarifies, simplifies and consolidates laws that relate to criminal procedure in the Magistrates, County and Supreme Courts.

See Criminal Procedure Act 2009 (Vic)(opens in a new window).