This website is for use by legal professionals (lawyers and law practices) only. If the information is used incorrectly, you could risk losing money or your legal rights. If you are a member of the public looking for free advice about your legal problems please visit, or contact our Legal Help advice line on 1300 792 387, Monday to Friday from 8 am to 6 pm. 

If you decide to use or rely on the information or make decisions based on the information in this website (which VLA does not recommend) VLA is not liable to you or any third party in any way for any loss, damage, costs or expenses you or they may suffer or incur as a result.

Forms for working with children checks

Forms for working with children checks.

The fees that must accompany forms when a person is applying for a working with children check are prescribed in the regulations. The regulations also state when fees can be waived or reduced.

See Worker Screening Regulations 2021 (Vic) (opens in a new window)

Where to get the forms

Forms are available from Australia post. The Working with children website has a video that explains how to fill out a form.

See Working with children check—How to apply.

A sample application form and several other forms that can be filled out online are available including:

  • change of personal details
  • complaints
  • interstate requests
  • replacement card

See Working with children check—Forms.

To apply for a VCAT Review

Anyone who gets a negative assessment notice from the Department of Justice and Regulation may apply for a review of this decision by VCAT. Applications are dealt with under the Review and Regulation list.

See 'Application for review' in VCAT—Working With Children Act 2005.

VCAT have not yet updated their information to reflect the new Act.