This website is for use by legal professionals (lawyers and law practices) only. If the information is used incorrectly, you could risk losing money or your legal rights. If you are a member of the public looking for free advice about your legal problems please visit, or contact our Legal Help advice line on 1300 792 387, Monday to Friday from 8 am to 6 pm. 

If you decide to use or rely on the information or make decisions based on the information in this website (which VLA does not recommend) VLA is not liable to you or any third party in any way for any loss, damage, costs or expenses you or they may suffer or incur as a result.

Forms for work and money in prison

Forms for work and money in prison.

WorkSafe Victoria

Prison staff must send an 'Incident notification form' to WorkSafe Victoria if there is a death, serious injury or near miss that happens in prison.

See WorkSafe Victoria—Incident Notification Form(opens in a new window).

Corrections Victoria

Incident/Injury/investigation report form

When a prisoner is injured while working at the prison an injury form must be completed.

See Schedule 1.19—Deputy Commissioner's Instruction 1.19—Incident reporting and monitoring:

Deputy Commissioner's Instruction

This Deputy Commissioner Instruction has information about what reports have to be made if a prisoner is injured in prison.

See DCI 1.19 Incident reporting and monitoring in Deputy Commissioner's Instructions.