This website is for use by legal professionals (lawyers and law practices) only. If the information is used incorrectly, you could risk losing money or your legal rights. If you are a member of the public looking for free advice about your legal problems please visit, or contact our Legal Help advice line on 1300 792 387, Monday to Friday from 8 am to 6 pm. 

If you decide to use or rely on the information or make decisions based on the information in this website (which VLA does not recommend) VLA is not liable to you or any third party in any way for any loss, damage, costs or expenses you or they may suffer or incur as a result.

Forms for victims of crime

Forms for victims of crime.

Victims of Crime Assistance Tribunal (VOCAT)

This specialist tribunal site has information to help people to apply for compensation if they have been the victim of a violent crime.


Or go directly to the home page Victims of Crime Assistance Tribunal(opens in a new window).

Victims Register

Victims of Crime

This is the form to use for people who want to be added to the Victims register. Being on the register means that the person will be notified about the length of the offender's sentence and will have the opportunity to make a submission to the adult parole board about their potential release on parole.

See Victims of Crime—Victims Register Application Form(opens in a new window).

Make a victim impacts statement

The form to use to make a victim impact statement is on the DJCS website.

See Victims of Crime—Victim impact statements in Victoria(opens in a new window).