This website is for use by legal professionals (lawyers and law practices) only. If the information is used incorrectly, you could risk losing money or your legal rights. If you are a member of the public looking for free advice about your legal problems please visit, or contact our Legal Help advice line on 1300 792 387, Monday to Friday from 8 am to 6 pm. 

If you decide to use or rely on the information or make decisions based on the information in this website (which VLA does not recommend) VLA is not liable to you or any third party in any way for any loss, damage, costs or expenses you or they may suffer or incur as a result.

Forms for privacy

Forms for privacy.

Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC)

This Commonwealth Government office explains the process for making a complaint about a breach of privacy and the steps involved in trying to make a Freedom of Information (FOI) request.


Commissioner for Privacy and Data Protection (Victoria)

The independent office of the Victorian Privacy Commissioner can handle complaints about any breach of privacy by the Victorian Government or their agencies. The site has complaint forms in online and paper copy formats.

See Commissioner for Privacy and Data Protection—Complaints(opens in a new window).

Health Complaints Commissioner

The Victorian Health Complaints Commissioner handles complaints and concerns about the treatment of private information by health services.

To lodge a complaint see Health Complaints Commissioner—Make a complaint(opens in a new window).