This website is for use by legal professionals (lawyers and law practices) only. If the information is used incorrectly, you could risk losing money or your legal rights. If you are a member of the public looking for free advice about your legal problems please visit, or contact our Legal Help advice line on 1300 792 387, Monday to Friday from 8 am to 6 pm. 

If you decide to use or rely on the information or make decisions based on the information in this website (which VLA does not recommend) VLA is not liable to you or any third party in any way for any loss, damage, costs or expenses you or they may suffer or incur as a result.

Forms for parenting plans

Where to find relevant parenting plan forms.

Relationships Australia

Relationships Australia produces Share the care. It explains how family dispute resolution practitioner can help people to make a plan. This booklet has an example of a parenting plan to help parents to create their own plan.

See Relationships Australia—Parenting plan "Share the care" - collaborative parenting apart.

Family Court

The court produces an Application for consent order kit.

This kit can be used to apply to court for an order if parents can agree on decisions about:

  • children
  • division of property
  • payment of maintenance for married or de facto couples (same-sex or opposite sex).

The kit includes brief information to assist people in different languages.

See Family Court—Application for consent orders (do it yourself kit).