This website is for use by legal professionals (lawyers and law practices) only. If the information is used incorrectly, you could risk losing money or your legal rights. If you are a member of the public looking for free advice about your legal problems please visit, or contact our Legal Help advice line on 1300 792 387, Monday to Friday from 8 am to 6 pm. 

If you decide to use or rely on the information or make decisions based on the information in this website (which VLA does not recommend) VLA is not liable to you or any third party in any way for any loss, damage, costs or expenses you or they may suffer or incur as a result.

Forms for parentage

Where to find relevant forms for parents.

Services Australia

Child Support has a variety of forms related to parentage.

See Services Australia—Child Support Forms(opens in a new window).

Births Deaths and Marriages Victoria

This site has information about the procedure for applying to have a birth certificate amended.

See Births Deaths Marriages Victoria—Correct a birth(opens in a new window).