This website is for use by legal professionals (lawyers and law practices) only. If the information is used incorrectly, you could risk losing money or your legal rights. If you are a member of the public looking for free advice about your legal problems please visit, or contact our Legal Help advice line on 1300 792 387, Monday to Friday from 8 am to 6 pm. 

If you decide to use or rely on the information or make decisions based on the information in this website (which VLA does not recommend) VLA is not liable to you or any third party in any way for any loss, damage, costs or expenses you or they may suffer or incur as a result.

Forms for motor vehicle accidents

Forms for motor vehicle accidents.

Victoria Police

Traffic accident report

Form to use if applying for a report from police if they attended the scene after a traffic accident.

See Victoria Police—Traffic Accident Report(opens in a new window).

Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA)

From 1 November, 2018, the authority handles complaints that were formerly handled by the Financial Ombudsman Service, Credit and Investments Ombudsman and the Superannuation Complaints Tribunal. They work with consumers and small businesses to reach agreements with financial firms about how to resolve their complaints. They can make decisions that are binding on the financial firm. They can also award compensation for loss suffered because of an error or inappropriate conduct by the firm.
They deal with complaints about credit, finance and loans as well as superannuation, investments and insurance.

Once a dispute is lodged with AFCA, any enforcement action, including court proceedings are put on hold until AFCA investigates the complaint.


Magistrates Court of Victoria

Applying for a rehearing

Forms to use when a judgment has been made against client who is uninsured and has reached an agreement for settlement with the other party.

  • Form 46B Application for a rehearing
  • Affidavit in support of application (rehearing)

See: Magistrates' Court—Form finder(opens in a new window).

Applying for an instalment order

Forms to use when a judgment has been made against client and the client wants to be able to pay off the debt by instalments.

  • Form 61A Application for an instalment order and
  • Form 61B Statement of financial affairs (individual) or
  • Form 61C Statement of financial affairs (if corporation)

See Magistrates' Court—Enforcement of a Civil Debt(opens in a new window).