This website is for use by legal professionals (lawyers and law practices) only. If the information is used incorrectly, you could risk losing money or your legal rights. If you are a member of the public looking for free advice about your legal problems please visit, or contact our Legal Help advice line on 1300 792 387, Monday to Friday from 8 am to 6 pm. 

If you decide to use or rely on the information or make decisions based on the information in this website (which VLA does not recommend) VLA is not liable to you or any third party in any way for any loss, damage, costs or expenses you or they may suffer or incur as a result.

Forms for medical treatment decisions

Forms for medical treatment decisions.

Office of the Public Advocate (OPA)

The OPA site has information about making an advance care directive and to appoint a:

  • medical treatment decision-maker
  • support person.

This page also links to the most recent version of Take Control, a publication that explains how to prepare for a time when a person may not have the capacity to make financial and medical decisions for themselves.

See Office of the Public Advocate (OPA)—Making an advance care directive(opens in a new window).

Department of Health

The department's website includes forms for people to choose a person to support them to make decisions, or to make decisions about their medical treatment if they become unable to make these decisions themselves later. It also has a form to use to make an advance care directive.

See Department of Health (Vic)—Advance care planning forms(opens in a new window)