This website is for use by legal professionals (lawyers and law practices) only. If the information is used incorrectly, you could risk losing money or your legal rights. If you are a member of the public looking for free advice about your legal problems please visit, or contact our Legal Help advice line on 1300 792 387, Monday to Friday from 8 am to 6 pm. 

If you decide to use or rely on the information or make decisions based on the information in this website (which VLA does not recommend) VLA is not liable to you or any third party in any way for any loss, damage, costs or expenses you or they may suffer or incur as a result.

Forms for intervention orders and prisoners

Forms for intervention orders and prisoners.

To apply for an intervention order for an applicant, fill in the following form:

To apply for an associated final order for an additional applicant or respondent fill in the following forms:

To apply to extend, vary or revoke an intervention order, an applicant must fill in:

Applying to be deemed a non-prohibited person

If a person is deemed to be a prohibited person because an intervention order has been made against them or because of a criminal determination, they can make an application to the Magistrates' Court to be permitted to hold a firearms licence.

See Magistrates' Court—Firearms Act – Application to be deemed a non-prohibited person(opens in a new window).