This website is for use by legal professionals (lawyers and law practices) only. If the information is used incorrectly, you could risk losing money or your legal rights. If you are a member of the public looking for free advice about your legal problems please visit, or contact our Legal Help advice line on 1300 792 387, Monday to Friday from 8 am to 6 pm. 

If you decide to use or rely on the information or make decisions based on the information in this website (which VLA does not recommend) VLA is not liable to you or any third party in any way for any loss, damage, costs or expenses you or they may suffer or incur as a result.

Forms for hoon driving

Where to find relevant forms relating to improper use of a vehicle (hooning).


This Victorian government site provides online application forms related to traffic fines:

  • seeking a review of a fine
  • applying to pay a fine by instalments
  • application for extension of time to pay
  • nominating another driver
  • electing to have a matter dealt with by a court
  • application for a payment order
  • payment plan application.

See Fines—Pay your fine(opens in a new window).

Appealing immediate suspension notice under the Road Safety Act

For a notice of appeal against an immediate suspension notice see Magistrates’ Court—Notice of Appeal under Road Safety A ct (opens in a new window) .

Court applications for hoon offences

The document below has information to assist people who are applying to court for:

  • application to release an impounded vehicle
  • application to vary an impoundment order
  • application stating that a vehicle has not been abandoned.

Part 6A Road Safety Act Impoundment, Immobilisation and forfeiture of motor vehicles (docx, 30 KB)(opens in a new window)

Information about various applications to court that related to hoon driving offences.