This website is for use by legal professionals (lawyers and law practices) only. If the information is used incorrectly, you could risk losing money or your legal rights. If you are a member of the public looking for free advice about your legal problems please visit, or contact our Legal Help advice line on 1300 792 387, Monday to Friday from 8 am to 6 pm. 

If you decide to use or rely on the information or make decisions based on the information in this website (which VLA does not recommend) VLA is not liable to you or any third party in any way for any loss, damage, costs or expenses you or they may suffer or incur as a result.

Forms for getting married

Where to find relevant marriage forms.

Attorney-General (Cth)

This Commonwealth Government site has the 'Notice of intended marriage form' to lodge to notify department of their intention to marry.

See Australian Government Attorney-General’s Department—Get married(opens in a new window).

Births, Deaths and Marriages

The Victorian Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages website includes information on marriages. There are links to the following forms:

  • lodge a notice of intended marriage (NOIM)
  • applying for a marriage certificate
  • changing your name after marriage, separation or divorce
  • booking your ceremony at the registry office.

See Births Deaths Marriages Victoria—Getting married in Victoria(opens in a new window).