This website is for use by legal professionals (lawyers and law practices) only. If the information is used incorrectly, you could risk losing money or your legal rights. If you are a member of the public looking for free advice about your legal problems please visit, or contact our Legal Help advice line on 1300 792 387, Monday to Friday from 8 am to 6 pm. 

If you decide to use or rely on the information or make decisions based on the information in this website (which VLA does not recommend) VLA is not liable to you or any third party in any way for any loss, damage, costs or expenses you or they may suffer or incur as a result.

Forms for fines

Where to find relevant forms about fines.


This Victorian government site provides online application forms related to traffic fines:

  • seeking a review of a fine
  • applying to pay a fine by instalments
  • application for extension of time to pay
  • nominating another driver
  • electing to have a matter dealt with by a court
  • application for a payment order
  • payment plan application.

See Fines—Pay your fine(opens in a new window).

Department of Justice and Community Safety (DJCS)

This site has information about the family violence and community work and development schemes including an application forms.


Magistrates' Court forms

A person should use these forms to apply to court if they are facing a imprisonment in lieu for failing to make payments according to their instalment order.

Fines Victoria Forms to request to 'call in' infringement fines and court fine warrants (pdf, 1.1 MB)(opens in a new window)

From 31 December 2017 the Director of Fines Victoria will send these forms to prisoners if they have outstanding court fine warrants or registered infringement fines while they are serving time in prison.

Magistrates' Court—Application to vary instalment order—Infringements (doc, 92 KB)(opens in a new window)

Form to use to apply to vary an instalment order if a person cannot comply with an order due to change of circumstances or circumstances that were not accurately represented at previous court hearing.

Magistrates' Court—Application for a rehearing—Infringements (doc, 101 KB)(opens in a new window)

Form to use to apply for a rehearing where evidence not taken into account about mental impairment or other matters likely to make imprisonment unduly harsh, excessive or disproportionate.

Notice of application to the Magistrates' Court (doc, 79 KB)(opens in a new window)

Application for court order seeking recall of a warrant to imprison.

Enforcement Order Notice (pdf, 699 KB)(opens in a new window)

An example of an Enforcement Order Notice sent by the Infringements Court after the fine has been lodged by the enforcement agency.