This website is for use by legal professionals (lawyers and law practices) only. If the information is used incorrectly, you could risk losing money or your legal rights. If you are a member of the public looking for free advice about your legal problems please visit, or contact our Legal Help advice line on 1300 792 387, Monday to Friday from 8 am to 6 pm. 

If you decide to use or rely on the information or make decisions based on the information in this website (which VLA does not recommend) VLA is not liable to you or any third party in any way for any loss, damage, costs or expenses you or they may suffer or incur as a result.

Forms for elder abuse

Forms for elder abuse.

VLA publications

The website links to publication designed to help seniors to make an enduring power of attorney.

See Your voice – Trust your choice: Tips for seniors making enduring powers of attorney(opens in a new window).

Office of the Public Advocate

This site has information about making enduring powers of attorneys and also medical treatment decisions and choosing a person to make (or to help make) treatments about medical procedures if a person loses the ability to make these decisions themselves.

Both of these pages link to their publication Take control, which has forms for making and revoking a power of attorney.


Department of Justice and Community Safety (DJCS)

Statutory declarations can be downloaded from the DJCS website.

See Department of Justice and Community Safety—Statutory declaration form—Victoria(opens in a new window).

Magistrates' Court of Victoria

If a person wants to take action in court to recover a debt and the amount is less than $100,000 they will need to file a complaint form 5A in the Magistrates' Court.

See Magistrates’ Court—Complaint—Form 5A.

The person who is applying to the court will also have to file forms 4A and 5A which certify that the person understands the overarching obligations involved under the Civil Procedure Act 2010 (Vic) and that each allegation of fact, denial or non-admission in their application has a proper basis.

See Magistrates' Court—Form finder(opens in a new window).