This website is for use by legal professionals (lawyers and law practices) only. If the information is used incorrectly, you could risk losing money or your legal rights. If you are a member of the public looking for free advice about your legal problems please visit, or contact our Legal Help advice line on 1300 792 387, Monday to Friday from 8 am to 6 pm. 

If you decide to use or rely on the information or make decisions based on the information in this website (which VLA does not recommend) VLA is not liable to you or any third party in any way for any loss, damage, costs or expenses you or they may suffer or incur as a result.

Forms for divorce

Where to find relevant divorce forms.

The court has an online divorce application. The link includes information to explain how to apply.

See Federal Circuit and Family Court—Application for divorce (online application)(opens in a new window).

The court site also has information about the court process that may be particulary useful for someone who is representing themselves at court.

See Federal Circuit and Family Court—Attending the court(opens in a new window).

Commonwealth Courts Portal

Clients and their lawyers are able to access information about family law cases that are before the courts. All users must register before they can access the information. The site has 3 instructional videos to help new users.

See Commonwealth Courts Portal(opens in a new window).

The court site also has a YouTube video that explains how to file electronically see Services and info for clients.

Responding to an application

To respond to an application for divorce—either to oppose the divorce on grounds of jurisdiction or because the 12 month period of separation has not passed—a respondent must complete a ‘Response to divorce’ form.

See Federal Circuit and Family Court—Response to divorce(opens in a new window).


See Federal Circuit and Family Court—Affidavit(opens in a new window).