This website is for use by legal professionals (lawyers and law practices) only. If the information is used incorrectly, you could risk losing money or your legal rights. If you are a member of the public looking for free advice about your legal problems please visit, or contact our Legal Help advice line on 1300 792 387, Monday to Friday from 8 am to 6 pm. 

If you decide to use or rely on the information or make decisions based on the information in this website (which VLA does not recommend) VLA is not liable to you or any third party in any way for any loss, damage, costs or expenses you or they may suffer or incur as a result.

Forms for discrimination

Forms for discrimination.

Discrimination or harassment complaints

It may be possible to make a complaint about discrimination using either the Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commission (VEOHRC) or the Australian Human Rights Commission (AHRC). Complaint forms and information about the complaints process can be downloaded from the following websites:

Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT)

A person has to lodge a complaint to the Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commission before they apply to have their discrimination, sexual harassment or racial vilification dispute heard at VCAT. The VCAT site has the following forms:

  • Application to the anti discrimination list (online form)
  • Application for exemption under s 89 of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010 (Vic)
  • Application for review of a decision

For more details about the Tribunal process see VCAT—Equal opportunity(opens in a new window)