This website is for use by legal professionals (lawyers and law practices) only. If the information is used incorrectly, you could risk losing money or your legal rights. If you are a member of the public looking for free advice about your legal problems please visit, or contact our Legal Help advice line on 1300 792 387, Monday to Friday from 8 am to 6 pm. 

If you decide to use or rely on the information or make decisions based on the information in this website (which VLA does not recommend) VLA is not liable to you or any third party in any way for any loss, damage, costs or expenses you or they may suffer or incur as a result.

Forms for complaints about lawyers

Where to find relevant complaint forms.

A form for complaints about lawyers is available from the Legal Services Board and Commissioner site.

See Legal Services Board and Commissioner—Forms.

Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT)

VCAT can help with complaints that the Legal Services Commissioner is not able to resolve. The form to use is under 'forms and guides'.

See VCAT—Legal Practice.