This website is for use by legal professionals (lawyers and law practices) only. If the information is used incorrectly, you could risk losing money or your legal rights. If you are a member of the public looking for free advice about your legal problems please visit, or contact our Legal Help advice line on 1300 792 387, Monday to Friday from 8 am to 6 pm. 

If you decide to use or rely on the information or make decisions based on the information in this website (which VLA does not recommend) VLA is not liable to you or any third party in any way for any loss, damage, costs or expenses you or they may suffer or incur as a result.

CALD resources for uncollected goods

Information about uncollected goods in community languages.

Consumer Affairs Victoria

The Consumer Affairs Victoria website provides service information in text and video formats in many community languages. They can also organise an interpreter to assist.

The CAV site has information in English and the following community languages:

Amharic | Arabic | Assyrian | Burmese | Chinese (Simplified and Traditional) | Lai Holh (Chin Haka) | Hrvatski (Croatian) | Dari | Dinka | English | Farsi Persian | Greek | Hazaragi | Hindi | Italian | Japanese | Karen | Korean | Macedonian | Maltese | Nuer | Portuguese | Punjabi | Russian | Sinhalese | Somali | Spanish | Swahili | Turkish | Urdu | Vietnamese |

See Consumer Affairs V ictoria(opens in a new window)(opens in a new window)Other languages(opens in a new window).

Tenants Victoria

Tenants Victoria provides information, advice and support for workers supporting renters, rooming house residents and people living in site parks and caravan parks.

Amharic | Arabic | Bosanski (Bosnian) | Chinese (Simplified and Traditional) | Croatian (Hrvatski) | Dinka | English | French | Greek | Hindi | Italian | Khmer | Korean | Macedonian | Persian | Polish | Russian | Serbian | Somali | Spanish | Tagalog (Filipino) | Tamil | Tigrinya | Turkish | Vietnamese |

See Advice>Tenants Victoria(opens in a new window).

Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal

The VCAT site has information about booking an interpreter and has information in several community languages including:

Arabic | Chinese (Simplified and Traditional) | Farsi | Greek | Turkish | Vietnamese |

See VCAT—Other languages(opens in a new window).

VLA translated publications

For information about VLA services in 24 different community languages see Get help in your own language(opens in a new window).

Support for newly arrived communities

For videos, booklets and other educational resources to help people to understand the law in Victoria.

See What's the law? Australian law for new arrivals (videos and education kit)(opens in a new window)

Victoria Legal Aid has a policy and guide to help staff who are working with CALD communities. Information includes:

  • how to identify when an interpreter is needed
  • how to work effectively with interpreters and translators.

This resource is currently available to VLA staff only.

See Interpreters and Translators Policy(opens in a new window).